Today it’s the turn of the patchworkers to get some inspiration. I’ve looked out 5 lovely patchwork block patterns: they’re all free and none of them require you to register to a site.
To find the pattern for each block, you can click wither on the picture or on the title of the block, as both will take you to the pattern page.
1. Card Trick – this is a classic quilt pattern, which looks a lot more difficult than it actually is. It’s suitable for a confident beginner, and looks stunning as a full-sized quilt. There’s also a downloadable pdf available at the site.
2. Quick Nine-patch block – this is a fast way to make an absolute classic quilt bock, the nine-patch. Suitable for a beginner, this way of making a nine-patch will give you two blocks at a time!
3. Eccentric Star – a lovely block, suitable for the patchworker who is a little more confident with a rotary cutter, as this requires some precision cutting. This pattern makes a 9″ block.
4. Sands of Time – a really clever block, making use of scrap piecing, and trimming down the block once finished (although if you look closely at the cutting instructions, you’ll be able to avoid some of the waste …go on, I dare you to work out how!)
5. Hourglass block – this is a quick and easy method to make a stunning block by using some quick-piecing techniques. The picture shows a quilt made out of this block – the effect is gorgeous!
We’d love to see pictures of your quilts, and hear your stories so that we can share them with others. Enjoy making your quilts for Cwtch of Comfort, and let us know when they’re done